Peregrine Wines is a well established, family owned producer of premium wines in Central Otago. Due to the diverse nature of our business an exciting range of career opportunities can be on offer in our organic vineyards estates, winery and in our sales channels.
FULLTIME VINEYARD OPPORTUNITY
Peregrine Estate owns extensive organic vineyard plantings at our Bendigo Estate alongside a farming operation, integrating crop and livestock farming into vineyard management.
We are seeking to grow the team at our Bendigo Estate to manage our rapidly expanding vineyard area, with an opportunity for a candidate experienced in organic/biodynamic viticulture, or if not experienced must have an enthusiasm for such viticultural procedures.
This position is a fulltime, permanent role and the successful applicant will an become integral member of a progressive vineyard team, benefitting from Peregrine’s career development programme.
While experience would be highly beneficial, a willingness to learn is a primary attribute and the position will suit applicants from a wide background.
The key tasks of this role may include:
- hands on day-to-day operation of the vineyards such as;
- canopy management, trellis maintenance, pruning and vine training;
- machinery operation if the successful candidate has the skillset (or as trained by our capable team);
- irrigation management, service and maintenance of system;
- ancillary tasks required for the farming operation within the estate;
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Peregrine.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- A sound understanding or desire to learn viticultural principles and practices;
- Desire to work in a mechanical and groundwork based role;
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team;
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures;
- Class 1 valid driver’s license.
Remuneration will be based on experience, and applicants must have the ability to work permanently in New Zealand.
Applications in writing, including a resume, must be lodged prior to 27 June 2021. Please clearly state the role for which you are applying.
Claire Cordelle, Peregrine Wines Limited.
e: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to careers