Peregrine Wines is a well established, family owned producer of premium wines in Central Otago. Due to the diverse nature of our business an exciting range of career opportunities can be on offer in our organic vineyards estates, winery and in our sales channels.
ASSISTANT VINEYARD MANAGER
Peregrine Estate vineyards in Bendigo are managed by a team of talented and enthusiast members, led by an Operations Manager and Viticulturist. As we continue to expand our planted areas and increase our operation, a role now exists for an Assistant Vineyard Manager to aid with day-to-day activity in the vineyards.
This position is a fulltime, permanent role and the successful applicant will become an integral member of a progressive vineyard team, benefitting from Peregrine’s career development programme.
The key tasks of this role may include:
- supervision of vineyard labour when required;
- involvement in the development of our biodynamic management program;
- involvement in our development program to expand the Estate land under vine;
- hands on day-to-day operation of the vineyards such as;
- canopy management, trellis maintenance, pruning and vine training.
- machinery operation such as spraying, trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, and undervine management.
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system;
- ancillary tasks required for the farming operation within the Estate;
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Peregrine.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- A sound understanding of viticultural principles and practices and an open mind to innovative and progressive approaches to viticulture;
- Desire to work in a mechanical and groundwork based role;
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team;
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures;
- Class 1 valid driver’s license.
Remuneration will be based on experience, and applicants must have the ability to work permanently in New Zealand.
Applications in writing, including a resume, must be lodged prior to 27 June 2021. Please clearly state the role for which you are applying.
Claire Cordelle, Peregrine Wines Limited.
e: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to careers